The Gambian passport is valid for a period of five years. It is of paramount importance to note that the Gambian Machine Readable Passport SHOULD NOT BE EXTENDED under any circumstances. This is in line with the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) regulations.
Gambian citizens returning to the Gambia with expired passports are advised to obtain an Emergency Travel Certificate from the nearest Gambian consulate or Representative.
Emergency Passport Application
To apply for and emergency passport, please download the form, print it out, complete it and either send or bring it in to the High Commission.
Documents to be produced:
- Birth Certificate
- National Identity Card
- Consular Card
- Copy of Previous Travel Documents
- Police Report (if Passport is lost or stolen)
- If applicant is under 16 years of age we will require a birth certificate containing both names of the child’s parents. We will also require a letter of constent signed by both parents. Finally, the ID Travel Card Documents of both parents must be produced.
Consular/ID Card Application
To apply for a Gambian Consular/ID card, please download the form, print it out, complete it and send or bring it in to the High Commission.
Requirements for Passport Renewal/Extension:
- Birth Certificate
- Police Report (if Passport if lost or stolen)
- National ID card
Visa Application to Enter The Gambia
To apply for a Visa to enter the Gambia, please download the form, print it out, complete it and send it in to the High Commission.
Requirements for Visa Application:
- One passport sized photograph
- Visa Fee – £40.00 for single or £60.00 for multiple entry
- Postal Orders are accepted
- A registered self addressed envelope to cover postage costs
- Cheques are not accepted
Please note that the applicant will be subjected to an interview or scrutiny by the visa officer, if he or she deems it necessary.
Citizens of the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth, the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and other nations with a reciprocal via abolition agreement with the Gambia do not require a visa to enter the country; whether on holiday or on a business trip not exceeding 90 days.